The citizens have certain rights with reference to the duties of the Police as mentioned below s a step towards transparency and accountability in administration.
Prevention Of Crime
- Surveillance on criminals.
- Monitoring of records.
- Beat patrolling, Mobile and Foot patrolling, surprise checks (Naka Bandis), combing operations and raids
- Manning check posts
- Participative policing at Macro and Micro level through Committees (system of neighbourhood watch).
System of Preventive action under the Criminal Procedure Code
Detection Of Crime
- Investigation and Prosecution of Offences
Maintenance of Public Order
- Maintenance of law and order during festivals, elections, communal and social disturbances, natural calamities.
- Maintenance of Internal Security: VVIP security and Counter Espionage.
- Special Crime: White collar crime, check on drug abuse, extortion by gangsters, control over smuggling of arms, check on gang activities.
- Traffic Management : Mysuru is one of the most densely populated cities in the India. Despite various constraints, Mysuru Traffic Police is known all over for its scientific and efficient management of traffic.
Traffic management of this magnitude is done through close supervision of 4 traffic divisions, with special emphasis on their training, public education and effective enforcement. Enthusiastic members of society join us as traffic wardens and the corporate sector and NGOs are ever willing to help the authorities spread traffic awareness.
Mysuru is one of the few cities in INDIA that introduced the concept of involving children, the citizens of tomorrow in traffic management and road safety by training them through the 'Road Safety Programme (RSP) scheme.
- Enquiring into non-cognizable cases, accidental deaths, accidental fires, etc.
- Enquiring about missing persons.
- Registration of Foreign nationals and related enquiries.
- Escorting the treasury, prisoners, juvenile offenders, run-away girls.
- Verification of character, antecedents and records for issuance of passports, arms licences and other licences, for government employment, domestic servants wherever required, etc.
- Implementation of various social legislations aimed at Protecting the weaker sections of the society and monitoring their social status. Mysuru Police tries to help the families from splitting, reforming drug addicts, removing social taboos, and interacts purposefully with the NGOs.with a view to improving the quality of life in the present day highly organised and individualistic society.
- Mysuru Police helps in restoring run-away children to their families, establishing destitute women into a decent way of life and counseling in social, family and personal discords.
- It actively participates in restoring the aftermath of any social turmoil, including communal riots/natural calamities by participating in relief and rehabilitation of the victims by organising collection of food, clothing, medicines, blood and even money.
- Mysuru Police has been in the vanguard of bringing about AIDS awareness