- There are provisions for punishment for any such action or offence which is committed to humiliate the person of the Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe in public, by harsh words, mentally, physically, economically, socially, or personally on the basis of his caste.
- The inquiry of offences of Atrocity against the person of Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe is generally undertaken by the officer of the rank of Assistance Commissioner of Police.
- After completing the inquiry expeditiously in the offences of Atrocity against the person of Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe, the charge-sheet is filled in so that financial assistance available from the social welfare department can be provided.
Provisions for the Women
- Until and unless there are unavoidable circumstances a woman accused cannot be detained between the sunset and the sunrise.
- During the night time a woman accused can be detained only by the woman police.
- A woman can be checked physically by a woman police only.
- Children below the age of 15 years and woman cannot be called to the police station for taking statement.
- In case of unnatural death of woman either having the married life of less than 10 years or having the age of less than 30 years and residing with her in laws, inquiry has to be undertaken by the officer the officer of the rank of Assistance Commissioner of Police. The post mortem of the death body has to be done by a panel of two doctors. Inquest panch has to be done by the Executive Magistrate. Intimate about the incident to Mahila Suraksha Samiti.
- A complaint can be lodged to get back the ornaments and other valuables of the woman given in her marriage.
- Arrangement of separate lock up for the woman.
Specific rights of children
Children conflict with law of any offence will be dealt with according to the provisions of The Juvenile Justice Act. They will not be held in custody along with adult offenders, and in the event of being convicted for an offence for the first time will be released on probation.
Providing Police protection
- When police protection is requested by any person/institute/community in respect of any threat received by them from anti-social elements, threatening life or threatening to kidnap children then necessary preventive steps are taken by the police.
- In order to prevent the destructions of crops in the farms and fields, protection is provided in public interest using mounted police.
- In case of communal riots, protection is provided to victims of minority community.
- There are standing instructions, to provide free of cost police protection to any person traveling while carrying huge cash amount, if he makes such a request.
- If found just then police protection should be provided on request in cases of disputes of land and property.
- Police protection can be obtained on payment basis by making an application to the administrative branch of the DCP Control Room, and by submitting required document to support the reason for asking protection. Bailable and Non-bailable Offences